Hear it straight from the experts.
1. Eat right. You heard it right - we are what we eat. Essential to maintaining the skin’s natural barrier to retain moisture is omega-3 fatty acid. Almonds, walnuts, salmon, tuna and halibut are great sources. Vitamin-C rich foods may help prevent wrinkles too.
2. Exfoliate twice a week. Don’t overdo this or you’ll lose those new skincells on top of getting rid of the old ones. This keeps the pores minimised and resurfaces the skin.
3. Have a cuppa (of tea). Drinking a cup of green or black tea helps not only in relaxation, but hydration to your skin and anti-ageing. Protective compounds in both types of tea can help prevent the breakdown of collagen, which causes wrinkles.
4. Not bursting that zit the moment it appears. Proper spot treatment involves waiting for the whitehead to appear. Using any acne products before this dries out the skin and keeps the infection trapped under for longer.
5. Use an eye cream. Experts tell us the skin under the eyelid is the thinnest and most delicate, prone to ageing lines. Look for ingredients such as peptides and antioxidants in your eye cream
6. Maintain a consistent daytime and nighttime skincare routine. Using a product only once a day when it’s recommended twice daily is giving you “half the dosage”. You really dont want to be short-changing yourself.
7. Avoid hot showers. I can already hear some of your disappointment. However, showering in hot water can remove a lot of natural oils and bring blood circulation to your face, resulting in inflammatory reactions.
8. Use headsets for calls. What? Yes, dermatologists cite this as one of the most underrated tips. Did you know that your cellphone contains thousands of bacteria just waiting to cause breakouts on your face?
9. Give your face a gentle massage while cleansing and moisturising. Small, circular motions can help boost circulation and create a fresher-looking complexion.
10. Apply products in the right order. Follow the instructions on your products. Experts recommend starting from the lightest layer to the heaviest. Start with a lightweight serum, then moisturiser, and a sunblock to lock it all in.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
With some extra pro tips from the team at Kayvar. We can’t stress enough how important it is to clean your makeup brushes often. Afterall, they are going onto your face. If you’re an average makeup user, we recommend..